Thursday, May 27, 2010

Failure

So I realize I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been busy, and when I haven't been busy I'm just so exhausted. But this is a short thought from something I wrote the other day. I didn't really elaborate on it because I'm just so tired. It kind of emphasizes what I think a lot of teens go through with pressure to succeed and all of that stuff. So here it is:

Failure.
Why do we worry so much about it?
What is the definition?
As long as I'm happy, does it really matter?

2 comments:

  1. We worry so much about it because often it results in backhand from parents.

    Failure can be defined as not succeeding in your small bakery business which involves the selling of edible silverware and erotic cakes.

    And it depends on whether or not your goal was to be happy. If you fail at that, then it really does really matter.

    If you're interested in this subject, you might want to think about reading Mindset (Carol Dweck) or Outsiders (Malcolm Gladwell.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the paradox situation, ^this guy presented. Is it really failure if you intended to fail, or will it still be failure despite success?

    ReplyDelete